How you can support our work
Would you like to work with us in schools?
Click here for more info.
What Our Work Involves
The effectiveness of the Foundation's work in schools will be enhanced by the positive day-to-day behaviour
of role models in local communities. You will be complementing our work if you:
The Foundation believes that its work in schools, backed by parental support in the home and the example of role
models in the wider community, has the potential to reduce prejudice in Australia and cultivate a more harmonious society.
- Focus on what unites Australians as a community, rather than the things that divide;
- Seek to find the common ground that you share with people of opposing views, and collaborate with them;
- Acknowledge that many of us know very little about other groups, and try to learn more;
- Challenge, in a respectful manner, negative statements about people of different faiths and ethnic backgrounds;
- Distinguish between the poor behaviour of a few members of a group and the behaviour of the whole group;
- Exercise your democratic right of Free Speech wisely and be mindful of the harm that may result
from espousing intolerant views;
- Use controlled, carefully chosen language when you are disappointed by the actions of others.
Areas where you may help
We are constantly welcoming new volunteers.
Join us and apply your gifts and talents to benefit others - areas of participation include:
- Administration - Volunteers are required to assist with school bookings and administration.
Tasks including faxing or emailing programme information to schools, arranging and diarising bookings,
coordinating specific presenters for particular bookings and supervising and organising volunteer groups and individuals.
Drafting of correspondence and maintaining records requires a skilled organiser.
- Educational roles - Educational direction and advice for our material development in both conceptual and written form.
Presenters are vital to conduct interactive workshops with primary or high school students.
Training Roles to guide and train presenters/role models and youth leaders.
We also need trainers to help organise Teacher in-services.
- Promotional - Fund-raising flair is much appreciated as we have a variety of functions and fund-raisers to co-ordinate each year.
- Technology - Our small team of Geeks are keen to expand their circle.
- Strategy & Innovation - Those with marketing and strategic planning expertise are crucial to our mix.
We need people who can devise and write plans and review existing plans.
Researchers are sought to assist with finding opportunities for community service in local areas prior to school visits.
Researchers with skills in Sponsorship and Grant applications to help us acquire information
about foundations and corporations are required urgently.
Other research pertaining to resources relating to anti-prejudice/inter-religious
understanding and cooperation to link to from our website.
- Writing - Skilled writers assist with editorial to spread our message.
There are articles to be written for our web site and press releases.
How can you help right now?
One thing you can do is join the Justice Joggers.
Run (or walk) together with someone "different" in the City2Surf 2013.
We might have historical reasons for avoiding each other; insults, persecution and conflict in another time or in other places.
We might not agree about the Truth, or even care about truth.
We might not approve of each others politics.
We might find things about each other annoying.
Still we can find common concerns: poverty, troubled youth, children with cancer, or homelessness.
Let's move together for them while discovering the good in people we never got to appreciate before.